IG: @beyondtheveilpress FB: beyondtheveilpress TW: @MrBiteyBTVPress
Chapbook Submissions – open through Feb 28, 2023
We’re excited to open up chapbook submissions for the first time! We’re looking for manuscripts around 30 poems (plus or minus a few is okay) that center around the topic of mental health awareness. The more personal the experience, the better. We prize elements of craft and poems that have been carefully revised. (Sorry – we’re not a fan of rhymes.) There are no previously-published requirements here. We want to love and promote your book as if it were our own. Our chapbook authors receive 60% of profits, the Press receives 40%. (Individual chapbooks do not donate to a non-profit.) There is a $10 reading fee, which goes back into running the Press. Winner(s) will be notified in March.
– design your manuscript to match our brand
– help source cover art if needed
– promote your book on social media & our website
– take it to events with us
– give you 10 free copies (more can be ordered at cost)
– have at least one launch party, either virtually or locally.
– Word doc/docx. size 10 or 12 font; Times or similar legible font.
– start each poem on its own page. (multiple page poems are fine.)
– an author bio
– table of contents
– acknowledgements page if needed.
– trigger warning if needed.
Please use Paypal (@btvpress or firstname.lastname@example.org) to pay the $10 reading fee.
Please submit your manuscript via email to beyondtheveilpress.com.
As a queer-owned press, we want to help support other queers and marginalized voices. LGBTQ+ and BIPOC identified are highly encouraged to submit. If the reading fee is a barrier to you, please let us know.🙏💜
Any questions, please email or for a faster response, DM us on Instagram: @beyondtheveilpress. To get a specific idea of what kind of work we like, check out our previous chapbooks or Instagram.
Please email your submissions to email@example.com with subject: Chapbook Submission. We can’t wait to read your work! Thank you!
Queer & Trans Voices Anthology – Jan 2023 (submissions closed)
We are a queer-owned indie press based in Colorado. In the aftermath of yet another tragedy, we want to help in the best way we know how: fostering community and healing through art.
This is a special issue for LGBTQ+ voices to highlight their stories of mental health awareness in whatever form that takes. Bring us your trans rage, your queer grief. We’re not afraid of your darkness – we are here shouting with you. We want your poems and artwork that speak to your unique experience. All proceeds from this issue will go to the victims of the Club Q mass shooting.
All work remains your own. Simultaneous submissions, previously published work, and work published on Instagram are accepted.
SUBMIT: AT LEAST 3-5 poems or pieces of art that represent your experience with mental health. Please do not submit only ONE poem or piece of art – we want a fair representation of your work. You may submit both poetry and art. We appreciate the craft of poetry and look for well-crafted poems, but please, no rhymes. Specific themes will be announced for each anthology, but we always focus on mental health awareness.
- Please include YOUR NAME in the file name. (ex. mrbitey_poetry.pdf)
- Include all poetry in a single Word doc or docx. Send artwork separately as a .jpg.
- Include a 50-word THIRD person bio to be printed in the back of the book.
- Include a short paragraph on why you are submitting to us as an attachment or in the submission form body.
Our staff works on a volunteer basis, so we cannot offer payment. Contributors receive a free digital copy and the opportunity to purchase one print copy at a discounted price. In addition, 10% of all anthology sales are donated to a featured mental health non-profit. The rest goes to running the Press; website fees, marketing, printing limited stock, etc.